Changes to current programmes and activities
Dear volunteers and friends of Tzu Chi,
In line with advisories of COVID-19 issued by the Ministry of Health (MOH), Tzu Chi Singapore has implemented precautionary measures in its establishments and operations.
Some of these measures are:
- Temperature screening for all persons entering and re-entering the establishments
- Health and travel declaration for all persons entering the establishments
- Guidelines for staff and volunteers returning from affected countries identified by MOH, which include leave of absence, home quarantine, etc
- Advisories to staff against all travel abroad
As a measure to safeguard everyone’s health, all activities will be suspended until further notice, except for:
- Volunteer Training Sessions (switched to the mode of online training)
- Book Study Sessions (switched to the mode of online study)
Our island-wide Recycling Day scheduled on second Sunday of each month and operation at Eco-Awareness Centre will also be suspended until further notice. Please bring your recyclables to the blue bin near your home and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
In this pandemic, Dharma Master Cheng Yen appeals to all to practise vigilance and sincere piety, wear a mask, wash our hands frequently, and use serving cutlery during dining as preventive measures. It is also crucial to adopt a meatless diet to respect, protect and cultivate our love for all living beings. Only when we curb our cravings, we will then be able to enjoy lasting peace and safety. Let us all do our part in fighting this outbreak by being alert in our daily lives.
May everyone stay vigilant and sincerely pray for the virus outbreak to cease soon.
Tzu Chi Foundation (Singapore)
(Updated on 26 Mar 2020)